ALCECO

Keeping our focus where it belongs

Alceco, the farm cooperative component in Ag Partners LLC, contributes leadership through its board of directors elected by customers holding co-op membership. Thanks to board members’ participation in decisions, customers can expect growth grounded in practicality.

These active farmers willingly contribute their time to advancing the needs of all our members.

Advantages to Membership

  1. Voting Privileges
  2. Earn Dividends
  3. Be a member of a financially strong cooperative

Apply Today!

Our History

1905

Farmers Elevator Company formed in Albert City

1925

Farmers Elevator Company reorganized as a cooperative

1935

Quaker Oats Elevator on south side of street purchased

1936

Feed mixer installed in north elevator

1938

Elevator constructed to handle barley

1949

Construction of new north elevator and feed mill

1954

New concrete elevator built

1957

Ventured into lumber business

1959

Pole shed and 12 feed bins added

1964

Build new fertilizer plant

1965

Purchased ready mix plant

1967

Built new elevator and purchased anhydrous plant

1969

Added petroleum department

Built annex to new elevator (460,000 bushels)

1970

Two new concrete silos built (520,000 bushels)

1972

First trainload of grain with Milwaukee Railroad System

1973

Two new concrete silos built (620,000 bushels)

1975

Hey, Hey, Hey ... it's "Fat Albert" — a million-bushel concrete silo

1975

Farmers Cooperative Renamed Albert City Elevator - A Cooperative

1976

"Big Bertha" moves in - another million-bushel concrete silo

1977

Built new ready mix plant and purchased Varina Grain facilities

1978

Added open potash storage area

1979

Purchased Standard Oil bulk plant and built new Key-trol service station

1980

Three additional concrete grain silos built and new 70' scale

Purchased Sohigro Fertilizer Plant - Sold lumber yard

1981

Service expands to Rembrandt

First 75-car unit train sold and delivered to the West Coast

1984

Ready mix plant sold to Storm Lake Ready Mix Inc.

1985

Feed mill in Albert City burns down

1986

New joint feed venture with ADM

1987

Key-trol station converted into a cardtrol which is called Flashcard

1988

Alceco forms subsidiary called Farmers Diversified Inc. (FDI)

1992

Purchased Hartley facility

Lease of Golden Sun Feed Mills in Albert City and Laurens

Alceco expands to Harris and finalizes agreement to buy ADM facility in Sheldon

1994

A GP-9 locomotive rolls down the rails at Albert City

One-million bushel storage unit constructed at Hartley

1997

Alceco and Cargill form joint venture - Ag Partners, LLC

2000

Bulk seed services added

2004

Largest expansion in company history at Hartley

2005

Alceco celebrates 100-Year Anniversary!

Board of Directors

L-R: Board members Chad Harms, Randy McKibben, Mike Rebhuhn, Jim Wagner, Brian Wells, John Van Gorp, Dixon VanMeeteren, Jim Franzmeier and Ken Murphy.

Latest News

More News